When was the last time you expressed or experienced self-love? When was the last time you gave yourself some grace? Have you been resting? Most people naturally love others and extend grace effortlessly. Yet, lots of people neglect themselves as if they’re not good enough.
Instead of “treating” yourself when you feel overwhelmed, neglected, or unloved. Begin making a habit of expressing self-love and extending grace to yourself. Change your mindset by doing the following:
1. Value yourself – Treat yourself with love, kindness, and respect. You can’t expect anyone else to value you if you’re not valuing yourself.
2. Surround yourself with people who are positive – People who will have your back and refrain from talking negatively behind your back are essential. Those who support you and genuinely care.
3. Take care of your health – You only get one you. Treat your body like a temple. Be careful of what you eat. Exercise if you’re able. Ensure your mental and spiritual health area intact.
4. Learn to relax – Prayer helps. Also finding time to calm your mind is necessary. Avoid stressful situations and people.
5. Take a break – Know that it’s okay to step back. You deserve the love you give everyone else. If you’re encouraging others to take a break, consider taking one for yourself.
Just because you’re familiar with the weight that you carry doesn’t mean you should skip the break. You may make it look easy and perhaps it is, but you still deserve to rest, relax, and regroup. You matter and you are important.
Prayer: Thank you for your grace and mercy. Thank you for your steadfast love. God, please give the wisdom needed when rest is necessary. In Jesus Name, Amen.